Ask yourself: If I had more time, I'd...
IF YOU DON'T DO THE WORK YOU LOVE, YOU'LL BURN OUT...YOU'LL LOSE PASSION & JOY!
CHANGE WHAT YOU DO:
Why does productivity matter?
-Deliver Increased Value
- Same $$$ in less time ....OR...
- More $$$ in same time
MORE GENIUS WORK = HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY
But what does genius work feel like???
- Time stops
Why doesn't genius work happen more often?
- Inherited structure
- Never thought about it
- Don't know how to change
- Don't believe change is possible
STEP 1: Thinking BIG
What do you wish for???
STEP 2: Define Your Genius Work
•Your genius work can ONLY be done by YOU.
List your genius work and compare notes with others:
- highest impact results
- you are proud
Moments of Genius (From 'Do More Great Work'):
6 GREAT MOMENTS IN YOUR CAREER:
- Feelings (How did you feel?)
- Behavior (How did you act?)
- Your Role (Who was involved?)
- Look For Themes
Measuring Your Mojo- by Goldsmith
FOCUS FOR TODAY:
What 3 areas of focus & activities would be the best use of my time today?
STEP 4: Find Time
- How are you spending your time?
- Delegate- Quick & Easy
- Must Be Done/Good Work (Gold Mine of Time)
STEP 5: Secrets to the 'Must Be Done' List
GOAL: Eliminate BAD work & streamline process
STEP 6: Make Time
8 Steps for Effective Delegation:
1. Schedule a meeting
2. Define scope of delegation
- Single task
- Whole process
- Function with a process
- Where does it fit?
- Expected outcome?
5. Ground rules for your involvement
- Sole authority- clients handle
- When clients need your input
7. Level of Authority
8. Set status review time
TOP 4 DELEGATION TRAPS:
- Expecting perfection
- Assuming understanding
- Failing to follow up & congratulate