About Darcylea Design

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't be Angry! It's a Party!

So it's been awhile since I posted anything on here. (I know, I know...) But I have had one busy schedule and it seems as though my blog tends to get put on the backburner a lot.

Anyhow, I wanted to share this fun birthday party with you...my niece just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and is totally into Angry Birds (but who isn't?! LOL) So she wanted an Angry Bird party. So I stepped in and helped make it happen! I designed the invitations for her party, made mini candybar wrappers, water bottle labels, goody bag tags....I found some free vector images off the internet for Angry Birds to help make it possible. My sister bought some cupcake toppers and liners from Etsy before I had the chance to really look into making them. Oh well...I printed them out and used a scalloped circle punch which worked really nice. The toppers looked cute on the cupcakes my sister made. (Who thought they looked very Christmas-y until everything was pulled together! LOL) I used the little green pig images for the mini candybar wrappers. They turned out so cute...a bowl full of naughty green pigs! I printed out a bunch of different birds and pigs at various sizes and hung them up along with balloons. Since the theme consists of pretty much primary colors, it was easy to find things like table cloths, napkins, plates and napkins, etc. to pull it together. For food, my sister and brother-in-law whipped up some yummy shish-kabobs and hot dogs and brats. We also served Green Pig Punch to the kids. My sister also bought a blue bird pinata that the kids were able to take a whack at and bust apart. I think it was a success!





 

No comments: