About Darcylea Design

Friday, June 20, 2008

A boost for the day...


HOW Design Magazine is hosting a series of Webinars featuring speakers such as Jeni Herberger, Peleg Top, Ilise Benun, and I am sure many others following. I actually joined in for the first session of the series by Jeni Herberger: Planning Your Design Career. I was able to go to one of her sessions at the HOW Design Conference in Atlanta last year but didn't make it to any of her sessions at the conference in Boston. I really enjoyed the webinar session. Since I just finished up school and am currently trying to map out what I really want to do, where I want to take my career, I found that this particular session was very informative. A lot of it was stuff that I have heard before but I find that sometimes I need a little redundancy in order to get it through my thick head! Seriously though, I think that it really depends on where you are at with your career, with your life in general and your state of mind when listening to advice such as this. Had I listened to this same webinar a year ago, would it have affected me as it did yesterday? Would I have gotten as much out of it? Would I have started applying the concepts sooner? What about 2 years from now? 5 years from now? 10 years from now? I think that within this next year, it will be interesting to reflect upon the steps that I have made in working towards my goals. Right now, I feel inspired and ambitious...let's see how I keep that up!

No comments: