About Darcylea Design

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Drip.Dot.Swirl



I just read exciting news about a book that is coming out in March of this next year that is called Drip.Dot.Swirl by Von Glitschka. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book!

Back in May, after returning from the HOW Design Conference, I was sifting through swag and found an awesome little swatchbook featuring Mod-Tone paper from French Paper. I fell in love with it instantly. I was seriously considering using some of this paper for a stationery project that I was working on at the time as well as possibly for my graduation invitations. I also realized that a friend of mine had sent me a Christmas card that featured this paper. So, after talking to her about it, realized that I didn't necessarily need to use that paper to get the same effect. I could just create my own patterned tiles. And I also remember asking Von about this subject as well. As always, Von was great about responding to my email with some tips and suggestions. So, when I saw his post regarding his book, I got really excited about it!

And as for my own pattern tile creations, no, I haven't actually made any. I shelved the stationery project temporarily because I have been so busy with other things. But I am seriously thinking about taking them off that dusty shelf and working on some patterns to use with them. There is also a package design project that I am going to be working on soon, perhaps I can apply pattern tiles to that as well??? Hmmmmm......my creative voices in my head are not congregating....

In any case, stay tuned for more on patterned tiles and also more information about Von's book. I am sure I'll be mentioning it again in the near future!

No comments: