About Darcylea Design

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"There's a Song in my Heart..."

A very near and dear friend of mine's son is soon to get married and I was very honored that they came to me to design their wedding invitations. I loved working on this set. I wasn't sure about how well the color combination would work without it being too hard-edged but I am really happy with the results. She's a music education major and he plays a guitar. I really wanted to create a set that reflected them as a couple. They really liked the idea of incorporating a tree with a carved heart into the design but also wanted to find a way to also incorporate music such as a guitar. I really wanted to make it a bit more playful and modern and incorporated fun use of type and colors. The invitations, response cards and reception cards were all printed on Neenah Classic Crest 100#C in Avon White. I chose this paper specifically for the quality I knew I could get from printing on it. I wanted the colors to be bold and vibrant and really stand out. I needed the design to look crisp and clean with sharp details. And I was not disappointed. I think that they are beautiful!

The envelopes are French Paper Poptone in Black Licorice. I created a wraparound label for the invitation envelope to match the design of the invitation. The smaller envelope for the response card has a standard label that I also created a coordinating design for.





No comments: