About Darcylea Design

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vegas Love, Love, Love...

I just recently finished up designs for a very old and very dear friend, Lisa and her fiance, Steve. They are getting married in Vegas in May but then having a big reception in June for most of those who would be unable to attend their Vegas wedding. (And as much as I would LOVE to go to their Vegas wedding, especially since I've never been there...I am going to be one of those who will have to help celebrate at their reception...) Anyhow- I am very honored that they came to me to design their invites for their special day as it really meant a lot to me!

The invitations and reception cards were designed to replicate playing cards. The designs feature fancy flourishes, a beautiful script font that is both elegant and sassy, and colors that are rich and vibrant. They are printed on a beautiful linen cover stock and trimed with rounded corners. I wanted to give the pieces a more sophisticated look and feel with the linen paper. I think that it was a perfect choice. The envelopes are French Paper Poptone in Razzleberry with customized labels to match the invitations.


No comments: