About Darcylea Design

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cool Luggage!


I don't know how many of you follow trendhunter but I will sometimes check it out just for fun. I went and was looking at it this morning and found this awesome Pop Top luggage made by Publicworks. I made the mistake a couple of years ago by investing in a simple, standard black luggage set. I didn't realize until I had to use it on an airflight to Atlanta that my luggage looked like everyone else's! I recently went on a trip to New England and found this same issue. Granted, I should have found some way to mark my bags so they would be easier to recognize, but I didn't. And I remember standing there by luggage claim in Boston, waiting and waiting and waiting for our luggage to come around, only to discover that it was already there, set aside. The dumb thing was that we had walked by it and I remembered seeing it and thinking it looked like ours yet thinking, "Nah, that can't be ours." Well, it was. In any case, I plan to do something to my luggage to make it more identifiable for the next trip we take! I would love to have this luggage but I have a feeling that I am going to have to wait awhile. But I still wanted to share because I love this concept! Funny enough, the dots, while they make me think of things like comic book art and pointillism, I also thought about Unboundary which is a design studio located in Atlanta that I was able to visit last year. It's just FUN, how could you not love it?!

No comments: