About Darcylea Design

Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Drewsie's"

I have been thinking about an idea all morning and am wanting to find a way to make it happen. A little girl from here was hurt in a farm accident this last weekend. She and her brothers actually went to daycare and preschool with my youngest children. My daughter suggested making a card to send and that sort of triggered my idea. As I am wanting to work on creating my own line of stationery and accessories, I thought it would be really great to also create a line that would be for tweenies and call it "Drewsie's" after the little girl hurt in the accident. And then, once I am able to produce and market pieces for "Drewsie's", a percentage of the sales would go to help her family out. This isn't something that I'll be able to do overnight as I realize the work that will have to go into this. But I would like to be able to use my design abilities to do something to help out in some way. I wish I could give all proceeds to the family, but unless I can get the materials and printing costs donated for the cause, I have to use some of the proceeds to cover that expense. Otherwise, what's left will be donated for the cause.

But in any case, this will be something that hopefully I will be able to talk more about as I am able to work on it and able to get things to take off! The biggest problem is that I have so much I am wanting and needing to do, that it may be a while for it to get developed. But I am hoping that the longevity of the work will be beneficial for some time to come. And as big as my aspirations may be, hopefully go on to help other families in similar situations with needs. If you have any additional ideas, suggestions or information to help me get "Drewsie's" to take off, please email me at darcyleadesign@gmail.com. Your email would be so greatly appreciated!

Anyhow- I hope that everyone has a safe and fun Independence Day weekend! As for me, I'll be enjoying tomorrow at our neighborhood block party sipping on fruity foo-foo drinks and watching fireworks with my family. I'll catch up with you all next week!

No comments: