About Darcylea Design

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, Welcome 2011!

I don't know about any of you but I am happy to welcome 2011 and try to put 2010 behind me. I'm not going to lie- while there definitely were some pretty awesome moments in 2010 that I will cherish for always, there were a lot of very trying and tough times for my family and I that I am happy to put behind us. A lot of big life lessons learned and while times were tough, I do feel that it did bring my family closer together and taught us some bigger morals in life and reprioritize a few things. And with that- I am actually very hopeful for what 2011 might bless us with!

I have to admit, I am not the most consistent blogger. I have proven that. But it isn't because I haven't wanted to, more that I haven't made it a priority over other things that consumed my life, especially in 2010. But I am going to give it an earnest try to be more consistent for 2011. I want to really put focus on not only things that I am doing but also things that interest me and inspire me, hoping that maybe it might be of interest to others out there...and also serve to inspire you as well.

As far as new things on my to-do list, I have one, possibly two wedding invitation ensembles to design and I couldn't be more excited! They're both for very good friends of my family and it's an honor that they have come to me with the opportunities to help make their days more special! I am also working on The Sketchbook Project and hoping I can get it all done in time and mailed/postmarked by the deadline.  

In any case...it's getting rather late and I have to be at work tomorrow...Time to jump into the new year and ROCK IT! So I am gonna need a good night's sleep!!!

No comments: